Subject: Re: bug#59662: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Add treesit--indent-defun

From: Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 17:33:04 +0100

On 8 December 2022 17:06:26 CET, Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> wrote:
>On 08/12/2022 16:58, Theodor Thornhill via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors wrote:
>> Dmitry Gutov<[email-masked]>  writes:
>> 
>>> On 08/12/2022 13:09, Theodor Thornhill wrote:
>>>> What about this?  I changed it to make a point that we should fill if
>>>> inside of a string or comment, and indent if inside a code block.  We
>>>> one such variable for each type, or in both as suggested below.
>>> Could you rephrase maybe? I'm not seeing the difference.
>> In the first example I made the variable specific to comments.  But
>> filling should work on everything that's considered text, IIUC.  So if
>> the variable refers to both the regex needs to accommodate strings and
>> comments.  That will in turn make it less useful if we want to find
>> comments specifically, or strings specifically. so we could have both
>> 'treesit-comment-regexp' and 'treesit-string-regexp' and match on '(or
>> treesit-comment-regexp treesit-string-regexp)' in this particular case.
>> 
>> Not really sure if that made more sense.
>
>Ah. So that was about the name of the variable. Looks good.
>

Yeah, and thus what nodes it should capture

>Note that if the improvement which I described ever comes to life (hopefully), then the variable will probably need to be renamed/moved/multiplied again.

Why is that?