Subject: Re: bug#59662: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Add treesit--indent-defun

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 18:06:26 +0200

On 08/12/2022 16:58, Theodor Thornhill via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, 
the Swiss army knife of text editors wrote:
> Dmitry Gutov<[email-masked]>  writes:
> 
>> On 08/12/2022 13:09, Theodor Thornhill wrote:
>>> What about this?  I changed it to make a point that we should fill if
>>> inside of a string or comment, and indent if inside a code block.  We
>>> one such variable for each type, or in both as suggested below.
>> Could you rephrase maybe? I'm not seeing the difference.
> In the first example I made the variable specific to comments.  But
> filling should work on everything that's considered text, IIUC.  So if
> the variable refers to both the regex needs to accommodate strings and
> comments.  That will in turn make it less useful if we want to find
> comments specifically, or strings specifically. so we could have both
> 'treesit-comment-regexp' and 'treesit-string-regexp' and match on '(or
> treesit-comment-regexp treesit-string-regexp)' in this particular case.
> 
> Not really sure if that made more sense.

Ah. So that was about the name of the variable. Looks good.

Note that if the improvement which I described ever comes to life 
(hopefully), then the variable will probably need to be 
renamed/moved/multiplied again.