Subject: bug#59660: 29.0.50; typescript-ts-mode consistently fontifies method-names incorrectly

From: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 14:58:59 +0100

Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>> From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 15:06:30 -0800
>>
>> Maybe you can remove the :override flag for the property_identifier rule, so it doesn’t shadow the function rule? Would that work better?
I plan to test that as quickly as I time permits. If we can make both 
behaviours work, that would obviously be the best.
> This could be a personal preference, perhaps?  It isn't clear to me that
> only one of the two is definitely correct.  So maybe we need a user option
> for which one overrides which?

I honestly think this is reasonably clear.

"Properties" with getters and setters are at this point in time almost 
entirely unused in EcmaScript/TypeScript space. They are optional and 
have complicated syntax, and don't play well with JSON serialization 
(and thus can't be used in REST APIs).

You however cannot write a program without defining or invoking 
methods/functions. So not having method-fontification working correctly 
will literally impact **all** TypeScript-users.

--
Jostein