Subject: Re: bug#59660: lisp/progmodes/typescript-ts-mode.el: restore method-name fontification

From: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 19:00:53 +0100

On 28.11.2022 18:27, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 18:08:01 +0100
>> From: Jostein Kjønigsen<[email-masked]>
>>
>> All fixes and one more squashed into the attached patch :)
> Which "all", please?  AFAICT, you also posted a patch in another bug number,
> so is that also included?

No.

I've registered separate bugs for csharp-ts-mode and typescript-ts-mode, 
since they are distinct major-modes with no code in common.

As such patches for C# has been sent to the C# bug.

And TypeScript patches have been sent to the TypeScript-bug.

As for "all", both csharp-ts-mode and typescript-ts-mode are "new" 
modes, and as such probably will have a few ripening issues once tested 
on real production code-bases and daily use (like I do now),

In name of brewity, I decided not to file a bug-report for every single 
fontification issue I found, but rather bulk up the fixes per mode on 
the respective bugs for those two languages. I hope this is OK.

As for TypeScript, IMO there still are a few minor issues wrt to how 
font-lock-variable-name-face gets applied (or not), but I don't have 
patches for those yet, and I would not consider them deal-breakers or 
release-killers :)

--
Kind regards*
Jostein Kjønigsen*