Subject: 29.0.50; Should treesit-range-settings support the possibility of separate parser for each region?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 18:12:42 +0100

As far as I understand, the current behaviour of
treesit-parser-set-included-ranges is that the concatenation of text
from different regions in the same range set is considered as one
program. This means that for this html program

    <html>
      <script>
        /* comment start
      </script>
      <script>
        alert('hello');
      </script>
    </html>

treesitter would consider "alert('hello');" to be inside a comment and
the second script tag would contain an error about missing comment
end.

However, testing this in Firefox, it seems that the first script tag is
the erroneous one here and the alert function call isn't inside a
comment. So I guess the correct way to parse this html document would be
to have two instances of javascript parser, one for each region. On the
other hand, we should consider if this is worth the added complexity and
performance degradation.

Thanks and best regards.