Subject: bug#59631: 29.0.50; [PATCH] New check-man target to check man pages for errors

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 14:13:29 +0200

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 14:59:34 -0800
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> I think adding it to make-tarball is a good idea.  Perhaps we could do
> it in the same step as checking the refcards?  I've attached a new patch
> with a suggested wording, please let me know what you think.

SGTM.

> I also enabled a few more groff warnings, and cleaned up the output to
> enable automatically jumping to errors from *compilation* buffers.

Can this be done by running Groff directly instead of via 'man'?  If it's
possible, it's IMO better, since Groff installations are more widespread
than the particular variant of 'man' you used in the script.  E.g., I think
the requirement for C.UTF-8 locale being available can be dropped in that
case.

But if doing so requires too much effort or research, feel free to install
what you have.

Thanks.