Subject: [bug#59623] [PATCH] gnu: Add bgpq3.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 20:44:01 +0100

Hi Felix,

Felix Lechner via Guix-patches via 写道：
> * gnu/packages/networking.scm (bgpq3): New variable.

Thanks!

> +(define-public bgpq3
> +  (let ((commit "9e46c66cff0c0cdcca653141b1664dbf6f9370ed")
> +        (revision "0"))

I dropped this and referred directly to the

> +      (version (git-version "0.1.36.1" revision commit))

tag, only because that's the current convention.  The result is 
equivalent.

> +      (arguments
> +       '(#:phases
> +         (modify-phases %standard-phases
> +           (delete 'check))))

Similarly, we use

  #:tests? #f                 ; no test suite

instead.  No functional change.

> +      (home-page "http://snar.spb.ru/prog/bgpq3/")

Self-signed certificates are the best certificates!  :-/

> +      (synopsis "Generate BGP filters from the Internet Routing 
> Registry system")
> +      (description
> +       "This program generates BGP routing filters from data in 
> the Internet
> +Routing Registry system, including the Routing Assets Database 
> that is operated
> +by the Merit Network at the University of Michigan.  Examples 
> are prefix-lists,
> +extended access-lists, policy-statement terms and as-path 
> lists.  It is an
> +essential peering tool for exchange operators.")

I took the liberty of expanding this a bit, mostly by adding 
mark-up and including the search terms ‘IRR’ and ‘RADB’.

I don't dispute its accuracy, but ‘an essential peering tool’ runs 
afoul of Guix's policy of toning down marketing language.  I did 
keep the reference to IXes though.

> +      (license license:bsd-2))))

As noted on IRC, there are two BSD-3 files in this package.  Both 
the author & GitHub seem to have missed this.  I've submitted a 
bug report.

Pushed with the above changes as 
9ef6286bc3f6ed780606d3c2089aed7ff73074c3.

Kind regards,

T G-R