Subject: bug#59620: 29.0.50; Wrong global-mode-string position in tab-bar + emacs -nw

From: Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 18:46:08 -0300

Severity: bug

Description:

The global-mode-string is wrongly positioned in tab-bar when using
"emacs -nw" and multiple windows.  The bug only happens with emacs -nw.

Steps:

1) emacs -Q -nw (master "af545234314601ba3dcd8bf32e0d9b46e1917f79")

2) Eval the following to add display-time-mode right-aligned to tab-bar:

(progn
  (display-time-mode 1)
  (setopt tab-bar-format '(tab-bar-format-tabs-groups
                           tab-bar-separator
                           tab-bar-format-align-right
                           tab-bar-format-global))
  (tab-bar-mode 1))

3) Split window right: C-x 3

Result: the global-mode-string will be wrongly positioned.  It expected
to be right-aligned to the current frame, but it's right-aligned to the
left window.  The position is correct while minibuffer has focus.  See
attached images.

---
Gabriel