Subject: bug#59618: closed (Re: [PATCH] bug#59618: 29.0.50; global-whitespace-mode + org-capture: "Marker does not point anywhere")

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 14:05:02 +0000

Your bug report

#59618: 29.0.50; global-whitespace-mode + org-capture: "Marker does not point anywhere"

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
59618: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59618
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [PATCH] bug#59618: 29.0.50; global-whitespace-mode + org-capture: "Marker does not point anywhere"
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 16:03:48 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Richard Hansen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
>  [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 13:34:47 +0000
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Ihor, would you please see if this fixes the problem, so that we could
> > install it?
> 
> I can no longer reproduce the problem following the given recipe after
> applying the patch.

Thanks, so I've now installed the patch, and I'm closing the bug.

Subject: 29.0.50; global-whitespace-mode + org-capture: "Marker does not point anywhere"
From: Arsen Arsenović <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 15:42:27 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Afternoon,

If attempting to capture something while global-whitespace-mode is on,
a second capture will fail with "Marker does not point anywhere".  The
first capture attempt presumably succeeds since whitespace-mode didn't
touch the buffer yet at time of searching.  Reproduction steps:

1. emacs -Q --execute '(global-whitespace-mode)'
2. M-x org-capture RET t C-c C-c
2. M-x org-capture RET t

Note that while I'm reporting this from the mu4e-headers mode, I
reproduced it in other modes before.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2022-11-22 built on localhost
Repository revision: 368d2531bec84c2e75b2fd2f32bb59fc2e7ee520
Repository branch: master
System Description: Gentoo Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --datarootdir=/usr/share
 --disable-silent-rules --docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-29.0.9999
 --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-29.0.9999/html --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --program-suffix=-emacs-29-vcs --includedir=/usr/include/emacs-29-vcs
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-29-vcs --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-install --without-hesiod --without-pop
 --with-file-notification=inotify --with-pdumper --enable-acl
 --with-dbus --with-modules --with-gameuser=:gamestat --with-libgmp
 --with-gpm --with-native-compilation=aot --with-json --without-kerberos
 --without-kerberos5 --with-lcms2 --with-xml2 --without-mailutils
 --without-selinux --with-sqlite3 --with-gnutls --with-libsystemd
 --with-threads --without-wide-int --with-sound=alsa --with-zlib
 --with-pgtk --without-x --without-ns --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings --with-harfbuzz --with-libotf
 --with-m17n-flt --with-xwidgets --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --without-webp --with-imagemagick
 --with-dumping=pdumper 'CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe
 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Werror=implicit-int'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM HARFBUZZ IMAGEMAGICK
JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER XIM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: mu4e-headers

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  mu4e-search-minor-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  mu4e-update-minor-mode: t
  mu4e-context-minor-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/.config/emacs/lp/poke-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/poke-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake/cmake-mode
/home/arsen/.config/emacs/elpa/dash-2.19.1/dash-functional hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dash/dash-functional
/home/arsen/.config/emacs/elpa/dash-2.19.1/dash hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dash/dash
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/desktop-entry-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/desktop-file-utils/desktop-entry-mode
/home/arsen/.config/emacs/elpa/with-editor-3.2.0/with-editor hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/with-editor/with-editor
/home/arsen/.config/emacs/elpa/transient-0.3.7/transient hides /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow emacsbug term/tmux term/xterm xterm cl-print doctor cal-move
vc-dir magit-patch magit-subtree magit-gitignore magit-ediff ediff
ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util gnus-msg autoconf-mode dired-aux po-mode calc-undo calccomp
calc-incom calc-misc bug-reference magit-extras magit-bookmark
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func edebug
magit-diff git-commit log-edit magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor magit-mode
transient magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm c-ts-mode term ehelp
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs tramp-cmds tramp-cache time-stamp tramp-sh tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell
ls-lisp shortdoc tabify org-capture org-refile calc-alg calc-ext
calc-menu calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs novice url-http url-auth url-gw
eudc-capf eudc cus-edit cus-start cus-load eudc-vars smerge-mode diff
shr-color org-element avl-tree generator ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi
gnus-score score-mode epa-file network-stream nsm mailalias rect
face-remap add-log make-mode emacs-news-mode mm-archive sort smiley
gnus-cite mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize
uni-confusable textsec-check qp misearch multi-isearch ebuild-mode
skeleton sh-script smie treesit executable vc-hg vc-git diff-mode vc-bzr
vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util vc vc-dispatcher
server comp comp-cstr flyspell ispell gruvbox-dark-medium-theme gruvbox
autothemer color lisp-mnt dash mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-main mu4e-view
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win
gnus nnheader range wid-edit mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft
mu4e-actions smtpmail mu4e-search mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark
mu4e-message shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg xml dom flow-fill
mule-util hl-line mu4e-contacts mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-server
mu4e-context mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers mu4e-config bookmark ido message
sendmail yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader auth-source-pass edmacro
kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key use-package-ensure use-package-core
easy-mmode display-fill-column-indicator disp-table cl-extra
display-line-numbers yasnippet org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex iso8601
time-date ol rx org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs whitespace eglot array
filenotify jsonrpc ert pp ewoc debug backtrace find-func xref
flymake-proc flymake thingatpt warnings icons compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color pcase project imenu
site-gentoo magit-autoloads org-roam-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
emacsql-sqlite-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
use-package-autoloads bind-key-autoloads oauth2-autoloads
emacsql-autoloads gruvbox-theme-autoloads autothemer-autoloads
dash-autoloads with-editor-autoloads geiser-guile-autoloads geiser-impl
help-fns radix-tree help-mode geiser-custom geiser-base ring
geiser-autoloads info transient-autoloads package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win
term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 965984 412328)
 (symbols 48 59263 39)
 (strings 32 208039 25577)
 (string-bytes 1 5924998)
 (vectors 16 115323)
 (vector-slots 8 2651886 744218)
 (floats 8 704 1556)
 (intervals 56 39870 6787)
 (buffers 992 59))
<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

Have a most wonderful day,
-- 
Arsen Arsenović