Subject: bug#59617: 29.0.50; Add indent styles to all tree-sitter modes

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 14:26:16 +0200

> Cc: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 07:59:10 +0100
> From:  Theodor Thornhill via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Fixed a typo - see this patch:
> >
> 
> Rebased the patch on top of origin/master:
> 
> What do you think, Yuan?

FWIW, I consider user options that require functions as values not a good
UI.  Many users, especially newbies, will not be able to use such options,
because they cannot come up with functions that do what they want.

It is okay to have a function value as one of N alternatives, where N > 5,
say, so that such users could still choose from "simpler" values, where the
"function" was pre-arranged by us for them.  But having just the default and
a function is definitely not good enough IMO.

Cannot we come up with a couple of popular styles for each language, and
have those styles ready to be selected by simple atom values in the
defcustom?

Thanks.

P.S. Btw, what about other indentation-related facilities, like "C-c C-q" in
CC Mode?