Subject: 29.0.50; gdb no more creates Gud menu entry for source file window

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 11:28:28 +0100

With emacs -Q visit an arbitrary Emacs C source file and do your
equivalent of M-: (gdb "gdb -i=mi emacs").  Now selecting the window
showing the source file buffer no more shows a Gud menu entry.  This has
the consequence that mouse clicking in a fringe no more sets/unsets a
breakpoint in that buffer.

The commit responsible for that behavior is

commit 8bb5c1bfec0929f2ba419e1c503f5acc01c336c2
Author: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Sep 1 13:39:14 2022 +0200

     Make easy-mmode-defmap obsolete and adjust only caller

     * lisp/emacs-lisp/easy-mmode.el (easy-mmode-defmap): Make obsolete.
     * lisp/progmodes/gud.el (gud-menu-map): Use easy-menu-define.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5,
  cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-11-25 built on restno
Repository revision: d34fc7b7aa9d2779ebbada5cecd8bd2806e3e01e
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Configured using:
  'configure --with-gif=ifavailable --with-tiff=ifavailable
  --with-gnutls=no --without-pop --enable-gcc-warnings=warn-only
  --enable-checking=yes,glyphs --enable-check-lisp-object-type=yes
  'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3 -no-pie -Wno-missing-braces''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBSELINUX MODULES
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11
XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: de_AT.utf8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C/*l

Minor modes in effect:
   bug-reference-prog-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date files-x
gdb-mi subr-x bindat cl-seq gud comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring vc-git
diff-mode easy-mmode vc vc-dispatcher bug-reference byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 101788 8711)
  (symbols 48 9691 0)
  (strings 32 31838 2200)
  (string-bytes 1 1451333)
  (vectors 16 17949)
  (vector-slots 8 233954 13977)
  (floats 8 32 49)
  (intervals 56 4214 0)
  (buffers 984 18))