Subject: bug#59600: 28.1.90; Docstrings generated by `define-globalized-minor-mode' and `define-minor-mode' :global t are not same

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 06:21:13 +0000

Hi,

I noticed inconsistency between minor modes defined via
`define-globalized-minor-mode' and via `define-minor-mode' with :global
t keyword.

The former have the following in their docstring:

"Toggle %s in all buffers.\n"
"%s is enabled in all buffers where `%s' would do it."

However, no indication is given that globalized minor mode defined via
`define-minor-mode' :global t is global.

For example, `auto-save-visited-mode' is a global minor mode, but no
clear indication of this fact is given. It did cause confusion for some
users.

Expected: :global t clearly indicates that the mode is global.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>