Subject: bug#59587: closed (Re: bug#59587: 28.2; gnus does not retrieve emails sent from another device)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 21:09:01 +0000

Your bug report

#59587: 28.2; gnus does not retrieve emails sent from another device

which was filed against the emacs,gnus package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
59587: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59587
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#59587: 28.2; gnus does not retrieve emails sent from another device
From: Jakub Ječmínek <[email-masked]>
To: Waleed Yousef <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>,Björn Bidar <[email-masked]>, Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 21:08:34 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Jakub Ječmínek <[email-masked]> writes:

> Waleed Yousef <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Thanks so much for clarification. In addition to what you have said, I
>> still have the problem of syncing wit the pop accounts. Gnus does not
>> recieve what is sent from other devices (as I detailed in the thread)
>
> Hi, this is relatively known behaviour of POP3 on Gmail (just search for
> "gmail sent folder pop"). Google also mentions it on their website in
> Troubleshooting section (citing it below).
>
>> To avoid duplicates, Gmail doesn't download emails sent within your
>> mail client, but you can still see them if you log in to Gmail.
>
> https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7104828?hl=en#zippy=%2Cemails-arent-downloading-correctly
>
> I'm not aware of any workaround (maybe adding yourself to BCC to every
> message you send?).

The discussion has been dormant for a while and also I'm pretty sure
that this report is not related to Gnus so I'm going to close
it. However, if you feel otherwise, please feel free to reopen.

Best

-- 
Kuba Ječmínek (http://kubajecminek.cz)

Subject: 28.2; gnus does not retrieve emails sent from another device
From: Waleed Yousef <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 15:51:33 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I am not sure whether I sent a similar ticket before or not!

I used to have the following desired behaviour with Gnus: when I send an
email from my phone to someone, gnus pulls this email when it checks the
emails. However, now this behaviour unfortunately is no longer
persistent. Gnus does not pulls an email that was sent from other
devices connected to the same account!

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.6)
 of 2022-09-12 built on frederik
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz --with-libsystemd
 --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fstack-clash-protection
 -fcf-protection -g -ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs/src=/usr/src/debug
 -flto=auto' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now
 -flto=auto''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE
XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  global-evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-surround-mode: t
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
  helm-autoresize-mode: t
  helm--remap-mouse-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  evil-escape-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  winum-mode: t
  pupo-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-vi-tilde-fringe-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  spaceline-info-mode: t
  spaceline-helm-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  persp-mode: t
  global-hl-todo-mode: t
  purpose-mode: t
  eyebrowse-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  global-edit-server-edit-mode: t
  clean-aindent-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  spacemacs-leader-override-mode: t
  global-spacemacs-leader-override-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/wyousef/.emacs.d/elpa/28.2/develop/load-env-vars-20180511.2210/load-env-vars hides /home/wyousef/.emacs.d/core/libs/forks/load-env-vars
/home/wyousef/.emacs.d/elpa/28.2/develop/spinner-1.7.4/spinner hides /home/wyousef/.emacs.d/core/libs/spinner
/home/wyousef/.emacs.d/elpa/28.2/develop/transient-20221124.2341/transient hides /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/transient
/home/wyousef/.emacs.d/elpa/28.2/develop/hierarchy-20190425.842/hierarchy hides /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/hierarchy

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail gnus-draft gnus-icalendar icalendar diary-lib
diary-loaddefs flow-fill url-http url-auth url-gw nnselect gnus-search
avy eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe misearch multi-isearch
evil-surround sort gnus-cite smiley shr-color mm-archive mail-extr
gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml gnus-topic qp pop3 utf-7 gnutls imap
rfc2104 nndraft nnmh nnml nnfolder epa-file network-stream nsm
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp
gnus-cache highlight-parentheses ffap tramp-archive tramp-gvfs
tramp-cache zeroconf helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug backtrace
helm-info helm-descbinds helm-mode helm-misc helm-files image-dired
image-mode exif tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat ls-lisp helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate
helm-grep helm-regexp helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm
helm-global-bindings helm-core async-bytecomp helm-source
helm-multi-match helm-lib evil-escape ox-pandoc ht ox-org ox-odt rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns
nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar org-contacts
org-projectile projectile grep org-category-capture org-capture gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap utf7
netrc parse-time gnus-spec gnus-win nnrss dom mm-url nnmail gnus-int
gnus-range mail-source message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader nnoo gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mail-utils org-agenda org-refile ox-html table ox-ascii
ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core
ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex iso8601 time-date ol org-keys oc
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons
data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons
magic-latex-buffer iimage tex-mode compile delsel winner auto-dictionary
async diminish evil-matchit evil-matchit-evil-setup evil-matchit-sdk
semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-func xterm-color ws-butler
winum spacemacs-purpose-popwin window-purpose-x imenu-list hideshow
imenu ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs evil-collection-dired dired
dired-loaddefs etags fileloop generator xref project volatile-highlights
vi-tilde-fringe undo-tree diff queue symbol-overlay string-inflection
spaceline-config spaceline-segments spaceline powerline
powerline-separators color powerline-themes saveplace savehist
restart-emacs desktop frameset server popwin persp-mode org-rich-yank
multi-line multi-line-find multi-line-enter multi-line-decorator
multi-line-respace multi-line-shared shut-up multi-line-cycle
multi-line-candidate journalctl-mode array hl-todo compat compat-macs
geben dbgp window-purpose window-purpose-fixes
window-purpose-prefix-overload window-purpose-switch let-alist
window-purpose-layout window-purpose-core window-purpose-configuration
window-purpose-utils eyebrowse evil-unimpaired f f-shortdoc shortdoc
text-property-search evil-textobj-line evil-mc evil-mc-command-execute
evil-mc-command-record evil-mc-cursor-make evil-mc-region
evil-mc-cursor-state evil-mc-undo evil-mc-vars evil-mc-known-commands
evil-mc-common evil-easymotion evil-collection-buff-menu evil-collection
annalist evil-anzu anzu emr popup s dash editorconfig editorconfig-core
editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch edit-server noutline
outline drag-stuff column-enforce-mode clean-aindent-mode clang-format
xml helm-easymenu cl drupal/pcomplete tex-site hybrid-mode
evil-evilified-state which-key use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
use-package-core hydra lv evil evil-integration evil-maps evil-commands
reveal flyspell ispell evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-search
evil-ex shell pcomplete comint ansi-color evil-types evil-macros
evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common windmove calc
calc-loaddefs calc-macs thingatpt rect evil-digraphs evil-vars ring
bind-map info quelpa mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode lisp-mnt mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr help-fns
radix-tree hl-line xt-mouse autorevert filenotify disp-table cl-extra
recentf tree-widget spacemacs-dark-theme spacemacs-common format-spec
finder-inf ido-vertical-mode ido core-spacemacs core-spacebind
core-use-package-ext core-transient-state core-micro-state core-toggle
core-keybindings core-fonts-support core-themes-support
core-display-init core-jump core-release-management core-custom-settings
core-configuration-layer core-progress-bar core-spacemacs-buffer
core-funcs spacemacs-ht inline help-mode warnings package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
password-cache json map url-vars eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs epg
rfc6068 epg-config core-command-line core-debug edmacro kmacro derived
core-hooks page-break-lines easy-mmode core-env load-env-vars rx
core-dotspacemacs advice core-customization validate cus-edit pp
cus-load wid-edit seq byte-opt core-emacs-backports core-compilation
pcase bytecomp byte-compile cconv core-dumper subr-x spinner cl-macs gv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib core-load-paths core-versions core-early-funcs
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1004030 1250925)
 (symbols 48 67716 4)
 (strings 32 272580 119880)
 (string-bytes 1 14684206)
 (vectors 16 109307)
 (vector-slots 8 2173992 1037912)
 (floats 8 1330 5373)
 (intervals 56 5122 4730)
 (buffers 992 42))