Subject: bug#59587: 28.2; gnus does not retrieve emails sent from another device

From: Waleed Yousef <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 18:34:31 -0800

Thanks so much for your patience,

Yes, the app (whether it is Outlook or Mail app of iphone) saves the
mail to the "Sent" folder within the app itself, and I find it in the
folder "Sent" on the webmail. In both cases (whether I send from the app
or the webmail) I see the message in the "Sent" folder on the webmail
marked as read. I tried to mark it as unread, hoping that Gnus will
fetch it, with no success.

For gnus, yes, I receive all messages sent via webmail not the messages
sent via the app!

I am really puzzled about this!

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 12/06/22 16:17 PM, Waleed Yousef wrote:
>> Thanks so much.
>>
>> In fact, this problem happens even with pop3 emails. When I send an
>> email, using a pop account, either from Outlook or Mail (both are apps
>> on iphone), the email is saved in the app and I can see it on the
>> webmail in the folder sent, but Gnus cannot fetch the email. However,
>> if I send from the webmail Gnus fetches it!!
>>
>> So, in both cases the email is saved to the folder sent of the pop account!!
>
> Do the sent messages have the same marks (both marked as read, anything
> else) regardless of whether you send them from the app or from webmail?
>
> And you have the sent mail folder in Gnus, but it only contains messages
> that were sent via the webmail, not the messages sent via the app?
>
> I'm running out of ideas, I'm afraid...
>
> Eric