Subject: Re: [bug#59578] [PATCH] gnu: Add guile-fibers-latest.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 20:07:39 +0100

Hi Chris,

On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 at 17:01, Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> wrote:
> * gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm (guile-fibers-latest): New variable.

>From my understanding, the convention seems ’-next’ and not ’-latest’.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
45 candidates:
./gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm:1210:(define-public wayland-protocols-next
./gnu/packages/bioconductor.scm:13526:(define-public r-cistopic-next

[...]

./gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm:25239:(define-public emacs-spaceline-next
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Although, 6 packages are using ’-latest’. :-)

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
6 candidates:
./gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm:1359:(define-public guile-email-latest
./gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm:4161:(define-public java-htsjdk-latest
./gnu/packages/tls.scm:333:(define-public gnutls-latest
./gnu/packages/guile.scm:391:(define-public guile-3.0-latest
./gnu/packages/perl.scm:5493:(define-public perl-inc-latest
./gnu/packages/ruby.scm:5378:(define-public ruby-latest-ruby
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Well, since this appears in the name, it appears to me better to have
the same convention; for discover-ability, for instance.

Cheers,
simon