Subject: bug#59565: Eglot should use file uris

From: Johann Höchtl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 09:10:21 +0100

Eglot merged into master doesn't use file:// uris, at least gopls language
server
and typescript-language-server do not support non-file uris and won't
work.

The fix as of now is easy, install eglot from melpa on top of the
builtin eglot, as it takes precedence and uses file uris.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
Repository revision: cdb1080ec38dd0f05130c923eee25a2329f57012
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19044
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (v10.0.2009.19044.2251)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/d/a/emacs-build/emacs-build/pkg/master-x86_64
 'CFLAGS=-Ofast -fno-finite-math-only -fomit-frame-pointer'
 --with-native-compilation --with-zlib --with-xpm --with-xml2
 --with-tree-sitter --without-tiff --with-rsvg --with-png --with-lcms2
 --with-json --with-jpeg --with-harfbuzz --with-gnutls --with-gif
 --without-cairo --disable-build-details --without-dbus
 --with-compress-install --with-small-ja-dic'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.utf8
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  windmove-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  fido-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
c:/Users/HoechtlJ/WorkFolders/Documents/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20221124.2341/transient
hides
c:/Users/HoechtlJ/AppData/Local/Emacs/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient
c:/Users/HoechtlJ/WorkFolders/Documents/.emacs.d/elpa/eglot-20221020.1010/eglot
hides
c:/Users/HoechtlJ/AppData/Local/Emacs/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/progmodes/eglot

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils comp comp-cstr warnings
rx cl-extra help-mode icons tango-dark-theme windmove savehist recentf
tree-widget wid-edit icomplete desktop frameset delsel cus-load
finder-inf yaml-mode-autoloads undo-tree-autoloads
tree-sitter-langs-autoloads tree-sitter-autoloads tsc-autoloads
queue-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads impatient-showdown-autoloads
impatient-mode-autoloads simple-httpd-autoloads htmlize-autoloads
highlight-indent-guides-autoloads go-mode-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads transient-autoloads eglot-autoloads
edit-indirect-autoloads dash-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads
compat-autoloads info company-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 370770 14302)
 (symbols 48 17208 0)
 (strings 32 88466 2674)
 (string-bytes 1 2257744)
 (vectors 16 36178)
 (vector-slots 8 683544 22782)
 (floats 8 62 50)
 (intervals 56 396 19)
 (buffers 992 11))