Subject: Re: [bug#59560] [PATCH v2 1/2] gnu: Add emacs-function-args.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 11:33:56 +0100

Hello,

jgart via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm (emacs-function-args): New variable.

Thank you.

> +         (sha256
> +          (base32
> +           "1vxrjy6k030hcbclblgcaaw7h6k17kl3n9zla08527525c0gma01"))
> +         (file-name (git-file-name name version))))

Nitpick: Usuallly the file-name field resides before sha256.

> +      (propagated-inputs (list emacs-ivy))
> +      (build-system emacs-build-system)

Other nitpick in the same vein: propagated-inputs usually come after
build-system field.

> +      (description
> +"GNU Emacs package for showing an inline arguments hint for the C/C++
> +function at point.")

This is not a complete sentence. I would also add that the package
extends C++ mode completion provided by CEDET. What about something
like:

  Function-args shows inline arguments hints exactly where the C/C++
  function call is, rather than in the minibuffer. It also extends C++
  mode completion provided by CEDET.

Could you send an updated patch?

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou