Subject: [bug#59552] [PATCH v2 0/1] gnu: Add emacs-wakatime-mode.

From: Hilton Chain <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 00:35:25 +0800

On Sun, 16 Jul 2023 15:17:01 +0800,
Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:
> I think this should be 
>   (or (executable-find program) 
>       (cdr-safe (assoc program <some hardcoded table>))
> where some hardcoded table contains stubs to fill in via 
> (search-input-file …)

Thank you for the suggestion!

Sorry for the incomplete information, the PROGRAM argument is actually
nonsense because `wakatime-find-binary' is not a user-facing function
and is called with a fixed value of "wakatime-cli", so it's not
appropriate to use an alist.  

Other (hardcoded) values are actually handled as conditions within the
function. 

I tried replacing the conditions with yours, except for the `cdr-safe'
line, which is replaced by a `locate-file', and it seems to work fine.
The new function does not contain a "/bin/[...]" so 'patch-el-files
won't handle it.

This may not be expected but I think it's enough to improve the
function itself.

I'll send a patch to upstream and send v3 later.

Thanks