Subject: Re: bug#59545: 29.0.50; Eshell fails to redirect output of sourced eshell file

From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 23:29:04 -0800

reopen 59545
thanks

On 12/22/2022 12:02 PM, Jim Porter wrote:
> Merged to master as 17bf6a829ca2fd2920c01e1aee30ab16b9c672eb. (I guess 
> that was only a day and not "a couple days", but I think it would be 
> good to get this on the master branch so that a wider audience can test 
> it to verify that everything is ok.)

I found a problem with the patch on master:

   ~ $ {echo hello; echo world} | rev
   olleh  ;; "dlrow" is missing!

This happens because the way I'm copying output handles around results 
in EOF being sent to "rev" after "echo hello". To be fair, this didn't 
work correctly before either, but the problem was different. Prior to my 
patch:

   ~ $ {echo hello; echo world} | rev
   hello
   dlrow

(Only "echo world" is actually piped through "rev".) I'll try to come up 
with a fix in the next couple days.