Subject: Re: bug#59532: 28.2; Unable to build emacs with tree-sitter installed

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 12:19:31 +0200

> From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 08:49:51 +0000
> 
> >> NOTE: The only way I found to install tree-sitter was cloning from
> >> github and run make && make install.
> >
> > When you do that, where are libtree-sitter.so and libtree-sitter.so.0
> > installed? in which directory on your system?  Is that directory the same as
> > the one where you have the other shared libraries used by Emacs, like the
> > image libraries or GnuTLS?
> 
> No, these files are installed in /usr/local/lib.

Then I think you need to tweak tree-sitter's Makefile, or use "make install
PREFIX=/SOME/DIRECTORY", to install the shared libraries and header files
where the rest of them are installed on your system.  In any case, so that
the shared libraries end up in a directory that the dynamic linker scans for
shared libraries on your system.