Subject: bug#5953: 23.1.95; objc-mode doesn't fontify Objective-C 2.0 keywords @syntesize and @property correctly

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 19:24:56 +0000

Hello, Stefan.

Sorry for the long delay in answering.

On Mon, May 04, 2020 at 02:53:59 +0200, Stefan Kangas wrote:
> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> > Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> >> It seems like this patch (from seven years ago) was never applied.  I
> >> know nothing about Objective C, though.  Alan, could you have a look at
> >> this?

> > Alan, did you find time to look at this patch?  It looks fairly
> > straightforward to me, but my knowledge of Objective C is very
> > rudimentary.

> That was 23 weeks ago.  Alan, did you find any time to look at this
> patch?  Thanks in advance.

I've been trying to come to some sort of conclusion on this for quite a
long time now.

Somehow, adding nine keywords together with their semantics seems to go
outside the bounds of "trivial" for copyright purposes, even if they do
fit into the arbitrary maximum number of lines.  Kudos to Martin
Stjernholm, my predecessor, who made such compact amendments possible.
I don't know if Leo Liu, the author of the patch, has signed copyright
papers, but I strongly suspect not.

As I say, I don't know what to do with this patch.

> Best regards,
> Stefan Kangas

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).