Subject: bug#59527: 29.0.50; Face issues in show-paren context overlay

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 08:18:27 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Gabriel & Eli,

>> Problem 1: the overlay context does not have font-lock, since
>> font-lock was not applied to the previous area that contains the
>> context.  As a workaround, execute C-M b (to navigate to context and
>> force font-lock update) and then C-M-f to navigate back and display
>> again the overlay context (with correct font-lock, this time).  I
>> expect the context overlay to always be displayed with an updated
>> font-lock.
>> 
>> Problem 2: the overlay context will be displayed with the same
>> background color as the top-left line of the window (yellow, in this
>> case, because of whitespace-mode).  I expect the context overlay to
>> always show the correct background, regardless of the face in the
>> top-left line.
>
> CC'ing Tassilo, who implemented this feature.

Thanks for the very detailed bug report.  That's very appreciated.  I
will have a look ASAP.

Bye,
Tassilo