Subject: bug#59502: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Dedicated buffers per project

From: Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 10:27:59 -0300

Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]> writes:

> Idly wondering if it'd make sense to also pass the major-mode to
> project-buffer-name-function, since string matching might be unreliable
> in some situations?  Can't think of any concrete problem off the top of
> my head, I just have a vague expectation that mode symbols might be more
> stable than buffer names.  It's unsubstantiated though, so feel free to
> dismiss.
>

I agree, and actually my first implementation used the major-mode symbol
as the argument to function project-buffer-name-function.  I changed to
a string to be able to handle the following cases:

| Command                     | major-mode       |
|-----------------------------+------------------|
| project-shell-command       | fundamental-mode |
| project-async-shell-command | shell-mode       |

---
Gabriel