Subject: 29.0.50; c++-ts-mode get wrong-type-argument error when enabled

From: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 10:24:13 +0800

Hi emacs-devel,

I just tried the c++-ts-mode, but it didn't worked.

steps to reproduce:

1. luanch Emacs with emacs -Q
2. C-x, C-f ~/test.cpp
3. M-x, toggle-debug-on-error
4. M-x, c++-ts-mode, now you will get the errors as bellow:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
  treesit-ready-p(cpp)
  c++-ts-mode()
  funcall-interactively(c++-ts-mode)
  command-execute(c++-ts-mode record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "c++-ts-mode" "c++-ts")
  funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "c++-ts-mode" "c++-ts")
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

By the way, python-ts-mode works well.

I builded Emacs 29.0.50 with this commit:
https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs/commit/057901f55ad12ebbc9cf092dd6ad0f02539849f9

----
Eason Huang

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin22.1.0, NS
 appkit-2299.00 Version 13.0.1 (Build 22A400)) of 2022-11-23 built on
 macbook
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.0.1

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation=aot 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-rpath
 /opt/local/lib/gcc12
 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk
 -arch x86_64''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils help-fns
radix-tree cl-print byte-opt debug backtrace find-func c-ts-mode treesit
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs cl-loaddefs comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx
cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib
cus-start cus-load rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 124747 11782)
 (symbols 48 10326 0)
 (strings 32 29161 1312)
 (string-bytes 1 989243)
 (vectors 16 19575)
 (vector-slots 8 393723 16844)
 (floats 8 35 39)
 (intervals 56 419 0)
 (buffers 992 15))