Subject: bug#59483: 29.0.50; tree-sitter and debug build

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 17:03:09 +0100

Hi,

I cannot find it on debbugs so I'm reporting.  I'm not able to build
emacs with tree-sitter support and the following debugging options:

        - CFLAGS="-O0 -g3"
        - --enable-checking="yes,glyphs"
        - --enable-check-lisp-object-type

I get the following errors:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
treesit.c:1538:7: error: invalid argument type 'Lisp_Object' (aka 'struct Lisp_Object') to
      unary expression
  if (!Fmemq (function, functions))
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
treesit.c:1558:3: error: statement requires expression of scalar type ('Lisp_Object'
      (aka 'struct Lisp_Object') invalid)
  if (Fmemq (function, functions))
  ^   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 errors generated.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.2, cairo version
 1.17.6) of 2022-11-22 built on elite.giraud
Repository revision: 350918e7be82fca046911073b360518173169255
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: OpenBSD elite.giraud 7.2 GENERIC.MP#835 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=no --without-sound --without-compress-install
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sort gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-bcklg gnus-dup
display-line-numbers debbugs-gnu debbugs-compat debbugs soap-client
warnings rng-xsd rng-dt rng-util xsd-regexp vc-annotate vc gnus-async qp
gnus-ml gnus-topic mm-archive url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth utf-7
imap rfc2104 nndoc nndraft nnmh network-stream nsm nnfolder nnml
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache
nnrss mm-url pcmpl-gnu pcmpl-unix sh-script smie treesit executable
w3m-cookie ffap w3m-form textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize
uni-confusable textsec-check w3m-symbol w3m-filter w3m-search
w3m-bookmark w3m-tabmenu w3m-session w3m doc-view jka-compr image-mode
exif w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-favicon w3m-image tab-line
w3m-proc w3m-util misearch multi-isearch vc-git vc-dispatcher vc-svn
bug-reference pulse face-remap magit-bookmark magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff
smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log
magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor magit-mode transient magit-git
magit-base magit-section dash compat-27 compat-26 compat compat-macs
gnus-dired paredit edmacro time battery exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config
exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor
xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb
xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug kmacro server stimmung-themes
modus-operandi-theme modus-themes ytdious osm mingus libmpdee reporter
edebug debug backtrace transmission diary-lib diary-loaddefs color
calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs w3m-load mu4e
mu4e-org mu4e-main mu4e-view mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft
mu4e-actions smtpmail mu4e-search mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark
mu4e-message flow-fill mule-util hl-line mu4e-contacts mu4e-update
mu4e-folders mu4e-server mu4e-context mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers mu4e-config
bookmark ido supercite regi ebdb-message ebdb-gnus nnselect gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr ebdb-mua ebdb-com
crm ebdb-format ebdb inline mailabbrev eieio-opt cl-extra help-mode
speedbar ezimage dframe eieio-base pcase timezone org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex ol org-keys oc org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
visual-basic-mode cl web-mode derived disp-table erlang-start
smart-tabs-mode skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration cus-edit cus-load
wid-edit files-x tramp-compat rx shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601
time-date ls-lisp format-spec slime-fancy slime-indentation
slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree advice
slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge slime-macrostep macrostep
slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl slime-parse slime compile text-property-search etags fileloop
generator xref project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline icons pp
comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads
dired-aux dired-x dired dired-loaddefs so-long notifications dbus xml
repeat easy-mmode rust-mode-autoloads stimmung-themes-autoloads
debbugs-autoloads paredit-autoloads ebdb-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads
ytdious-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site exwm-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads magit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads with-editor-autoloads finder-inf dash-autoloads
compat-autoloads info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo xinput2 x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1086381 636250)
 (symbols 48 64834 17)
 (strings 32 298556 7724)
 (string-bytes 1 9482956)
 (vectors 16 179553)
 (vector-slots 8 2384559 46862)
 (floats 8 710 548)
 (intervals 56 15706 6189)
 (buffers 992 37))

-- 
Manuel Giraud