Subject: Re: bug#59448: 29.0.50; URIs in Dictionary are not properly handled

From: Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 18:11:29 -0300

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Another alternative would be to fall back to handling URIs
> only when dictionary-search fails to find a definition.
> So instead of displaying the message "Word not found" it could
> try to open the URI that can be found in the provided string.

Hi Juri,

Yes, that's a good approach too, thank you!  I think the downsides of
this suggestion (in comparison to creating appropriate buttons for URIs
during the display of Dictionary results) are:

1) An unnecessary IO call to fetch Dictionary results that we already
know before-hand that will fail.

2) Lack of appropriate information for user (e.g.: help in echo-area
with `display-local-help').

I personally prefer the other approach of creating appropriate buttons
for URIs, but I am open to any solution.

---
Gabriel