Subject: [bug#59417] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-on.

From: jgart <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 12:23:16 -0600

On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 14:40:58 +0000 Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Thanks, I've pushed this to master as
> f0cc7542f535cd0ccb75352cabc465a8dc1b1551.

Thanks!

> Note that I did move the package definition to not be so close to the
> bottom of the module. Thanks for following the comment and not putting
> it right at the bottom, but the other important bit is "place them above
> by existing packages with similar functionality or similar names".
> 
> The intent with that is to avoid Git conflicts when several packages are
> added in the same place. For example, you also sent this patch
> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/59429 that adds emacs-ukrainian-holidays in
> the same place. That's just asking for Git trouble!

Sorry about that! I'll keep it in mind for future patch sets. I think I'll
just start putting stuff in alphabetical order to avoid this altogether.

all best,

jgart