Subject: bug#59414: 29.0.50; Have vc-git-expanded-log-entry pass --stat

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 14:58:10 -0700

Hello,

On Sun 20 Nov 2022 at 07:52PM +02, Juri Linkov wrote:

>> I would like to add --stat to the list of options passed to git-log(1)
>> by vc-git-expanded-log-entry.  I think it makes VC root logs for Git
>> repositories much more informative with little disadvantage.  Any comments?
>
> Not sure about adding --stat by default since often it produces too long
> multi-line output.  But definitely the options should be customizable
> to avoid adding such cruft to config files:

We already have vc-git-log-switches.  git-log(1) gets called *without*
it in (at least) the following places:

- vc-git-log-outgoing
- vc-git-log-incoming
- vc-git-log-search
- vc-git-expanded-log-entry
- vc-git-region-history

I guess that the first three should probably use vc-git-log-switches if
anything?  And so we would want a separate option for
vc-git-expanded-log-entry.  Not sure about vc-git-region-history.

-- 
Sean Whitton