Subject: bug#59404: closed (Re: bug#59404: 29.0.50; Init-debug error when package-vc-install package and run older emacs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 23:39:03 +0000

Your bug report

#59404: 29.0.50; Init-debug error when package-vc-install package and run older emacs

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
59404: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59404
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#59404: 29.0.50; Init-debug error when package-vc-install package and run older emacs
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Cc: Feng Shu <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 15:38:02 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I have testd, it work and older emacs do not show error.
>
> Great, in that case I'll push the change.

It seems like the bug wasn't closed, so I'm closing it now.

Subject: 29.0.50; Init-debug error when package-vc-install package and run older emacs
From: Feng Shu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 14:16:29 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I package-vc-install corfu-terminal and run an older version emacs,
the following error will be showed.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Version must be a string")
  error("Version must be a string")
  version-to-list((vc . "0.5"))
  package-desc-from-define("corfu-terminal" (vc . "0.5") "Corfu popup on terminal" '((emacs "26.1") (corfu "0.24") (popon "0.1")) :url "https://codeberg.org/akib/emacs-corfu-terminal" :keywords '("convenience") :maintainer '("Akib Azmain Turja" . "[email-masked]") :authors '(("Akib Azmain Turja" . "[email-masked]")) :commit "1a15a01e2e1464daadfa4973cb695802e5c23a25")
  package-process-define-package((define-package "corfu-terminal" (vc . "0.5") "Corfu popup on terminal" '((emacs "26.1") (corfu "0.24") (popon "0.1")) :url "https://codeberg.org/akib/emacs-corfu-terminal" :keywords '("convenience") :maintainer '("Akib Azmain Turja" . "[email-masked]") :authors '(("Akib Azmain Turja" . "[email-masked]")) :commit "1a15a01e2e1464daadfa4973cb695802e5c23a25"))
  package-load-descriptor("/home/feng/.emacs.d/elpa-29/corfu-terminal")
  #<subr package-load-all-descriptors>()
  apply(#<subr package-load-all-descriptors> nil)
  package-load-all-descriptors()
  package-initialize()
  (if package--initialized nil (package-initialize))
  load-with-code-conversion("/home/feng/projects/emacs-packages/emacs-helper/eh..." "/home/feng/projects/emacs-packages/emacs-helper/eh..." nil t)
  require(eh-basic)
  load-with-code-conversion("/home/feng/projects/emacs-packages/emacs-helper/em..." "/home/feng/projects/emacs-packages/emacs-helper/em..." nil t)
  require(emacs-helper)
  load-with-code-conversion("/home/feng/.emacs" "/home/feng/.emacs" t t)
  load("~/.emacs" noerror nomessage)
  startup--load-user-init-file(#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x13f0af8d99d5a33e>) #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode -0x1f3c6feddc0bc175>) t)
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars) of 2022-11-20 built on Guix
Repository revision: 2ec39734ca03e075f2515f178ed789872e52f98f
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Guix System

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation=no'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: 
  value of $LANG: zh_CN.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/d

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  aggressive-indent-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-display-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-mode: t
  cnfonts-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  company-posframe-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  org-super-agenda-mode: t
  pyim-isearch-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-tab-line-mode: t
  tab-line-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/feng/.emacs.d/elpa-29/corfu-terminal/corfu-terminal-pkg hides /home/feng/.emacs.d/elpa-29/corfu-terminal-0.5/corfu-terminal-pkg
/home/feng/.emacs.d/elpa-29/corfu-terminal/corfu-terminal hides /home/feng/.emacs.d/elpa-29/corfu-terminal-0.5/corfu-terminal
/home/feng/.emacs.d/elpa-29/corfu-terminal/corfu-terminal-autoloads hides /home/feng/.emacs.d/elpa-29/corfu-terminal-0.5/corfu-terminal-autoloads
/home/feng/.emacs.d/elpa-29/transient-20221119.1503/transient hides /home/feng/projects/emacs/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug citre citre-global cus-edit cus-start
cus-load popon corfu loaddefs-gen vc-git mm-archive network-stream
url-cache url-http url-auth url-gw nsm package-vc cursor-sensor
emacs-helper eh-guix skeleton guix geiser-guile info-look geiser-debug
geiser-repl geiser-image geiser-capf geiser-doc geiser-menu
geiser-autodoc geiser-edit geiser-completion geiser-eval
geiser-connection geiser-syntax scheme geiser-log geiser-popup view
geiser eh-misc vundo magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-popup magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push
magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu edebug
debug backtrace magit-diff smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit
log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor shell server magit-mode
transient edmacro magit-git magit-base magit-section compat-27 compat-26
aggressive-indent eh-emms emms-librefm-stream emms-librefm-scrobbler
emms-playlist-limit emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon
emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams
emms-show-all emms-tag-editor emms-tag-tracktag emms-mark emms-mode-line
emms-info-tinytag emms-info-metaflac emms-info-opusinfo
emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-player-vlc emms-player-mpv
emms-playing-time emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple emms-browser
emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-volume easy-mmode
emms-volume-sndioctl emms-volume-mixerctl emms-volume-pulse
emms-volume-amixer emms-playlist-mode emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file locate emms-cache emms-info-native bindat
emms-info-exiftool emms-info emms-later-do emms-setup emms emms-compat
el2org cnfonts tempel citre-config citre-lang-fileref citre-tags
citre-ctags citre-readtags citre-readtags-tables citre-backend-interface
citre-ui-peek color citre-ui-jump citre-common-tag citre-common-util
projectile lisp-mnt grep compile ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
eh-gnus-common ebdb-message ebdb-gnus ebdb-mua ebdb-complete ebdb-com
crm ebdb-format ebdb-i18n-chn ebdb-i18n ebdb-i18n-basic ebdb eieio-base
timezone eww xdg url-queue thingatpt mm-url gnus-demon gnus-search
eieio-opt cl-extra speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cite gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-cache gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media
puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util
mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr eh-complete company-posframe
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop xref company-gtags
company-template company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company eh-org org-ql peg org-super-agenda ts ht s dash
org-habit org-capture ob-python python project ob-org ox-md ox-org
ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar
org-agenda ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree
generator autorevert filenotify pcase org-attach org-id org-refile org
ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline icons org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex iso8601
time-date ol org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func eh-functions eh-theme modus-vivendi-theme
modus-themes eh-basic cal-china-x cal-china lunar solar cal-dst holidays
holiday-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs pyim-basedict
pyim-cregexp-utils pyim pyim-cloudim pyim-probe pyim-preview pyim-page
popup posframe pyim-indicator pyim-dregcache pyim-dhashcache sort
pyim-dict async pyim-autoselector pyim-process pyim-punctuation
pyim-outcome pyim-candidates pyim-cstring pyim-cregexp xr pyim-codes
pyim-imobjs pyim-pinyin pyim-entered pyim-dcache pyim-pymap pyim-scheme
pyim-common wdired dired dired-loaddefs vc vc-dispatcher consult-vertico
consult compat-28 compat compat-macs kmacro orderless vertico-directory
vertico savehist tab-line switch-window switch-window-mvborder
switch-window-asciiart quail so-long elec-pair bookmark
text-property-search pp pixel-scroll cua-base recentf tree-widget
wid-edit elpa-mirror finder-inf projectile-autoloads
corfu-terminal-autoloads cape-autoloads paredit-autoloads
org-download-autoloads 0blayout-autoloads package-lint-autoloads rx
ivy-autoloads aggressive-indent-autoloads pyim-autoloads
ox-gfm-autoloads switch-window-autoloads cnfonts-autoloads
flycheck-autoloads tempel-autoloads magit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads vundo-autoloads vertico-autoloads
corfu-autoloads marginalia-autoloads modus-themes-autoloads
citre-autoloads geiser-guile-autoloads geiser-impl help-fns radix-tree
help-mode geiser-custom geiser-base ring geiser-autoloads xr-autoloads
orderless-autoloads ebdb-autoloads consult-autoloads emms-autoloads
company-posframe-autoloads posframe-autoloads popon-autoloads
company-autoloads org-ql-autoloads peg-autoloads ov-autoloads
org-super-agenda-autoloads ts-autoloads ht-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads f-autoloads s-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
transient-autoloads pos-tip-autoloads dash-autoloads async-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib
china-util rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 933686 278283)
 (symbols 48 52254 6)
 (strings 32 552384 5771)
 (string-bytes 1 9911994)
 (vectors 16 103348)
 (vector-slots 8 13241609 64954)
 (floats 8 1202 482)
 (intervals 56 820 0)
 (buffers 984 13))