Subject: Re: bug#59388: Open emacsclient file at last line

From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 09:50:49 -0800

On 11/21/2022 5:36 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 11:55:34 +0300
>> From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
>>    [email-masked], [email-masked]
>>
>> --funcall is similar as `-e' only limited to single function. So I
>>    suggest that when you implement that, that --funcall may be used
>>    also without any file, such as emacsclient -c --funcall my-function
>>    as that way I can invoke necessary programs.
> 
> This is redundant, since -e already allows that.

I don't think there'd be a *problem* if --funcall without a file was 
allowed. As you say, it's not necessary, since you can already do this 
with -e, but --funcall with no files has precedent with the regular 
emacs executable, so I think it'd be reasonable for emacsclient to do it 
too. It's probably not a big deal either way though, given that emacs 
and emacsclient already treat options quite differently.