Subject: [PATCH staging 00/11] Update vulkan-sdk packages to sdk-1.3.231.1.

From: dan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 22:56:07 +0800

Hello Guix,

This patch series update several vulkan-sdk packages to the latest sdk release
version sdk-1.3.231.1.  With each vulkan-sdk release, there is a config.json
file detailing all the version of the included packages[1].  To make sure
these packages are compatible, we introduced a variable %vulkan-sdk-version to
replace the [version] field of each vulkan-sdk packages.  One exception is
shaderc, which is developed by Google, and it uses its own versioning scheme.

For the versioning scheme of the vulkan-sdk, I intentionally included the
'sdk-' prefix into the version string since some of the packages used to have
their own versioning semantic and later changed to this kind of 'unified' sdk
versioning semantic, as Kaelyn explained in #58617[2].

Huge shout out to Kaelyn, who composed #57297 and #58617, trying to bring the
latest version of vulkan-sdk to guix.  I see recently #57297 got merged into
staging, and it would be a good chance to update these vulkan packages to
match the latest version.

[1]: https://sdk.lunarg.com/sdk/download/1.3.231.1/linux/config.json
[2]: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/58617

dan (11):
  gnu: spirv-headers: Replace version with %vulkan-sdk-version.
  gnu: spirv-tools: Replace version with %vulkan-sdk-version.
  gnu: glslang: Update to sdk-1.3.231.1.
  gnu: spirv-cross: Update to sdk-1.3.231.1.
  gnu: shaderc: Update to 2022.3.
  gnu: vulkan-headers: Update to sdk-1.3.231.1.
  gnu: vulkan-loader: Update to sdk-1.3.231.1.
  gnu: vulkan-tools: Update to sdk-1.3.231.1.
  gnu: vulkan-validationlayers: Update to sdk-1.3.231.1.
  gnu: Add volk.
  gnu: Add vulkan-memory-allocator.

 gnu/packages/vulkan.scm | 132 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 1 file changed, 98 insertions(+), 34 deletions(-)

base-commit: f8e1c9c003999cf20db2d7e5c1aa2c64c787056d
-- 
2.38.1