Subject: bug#59381: closed (Re: bug#59381: Should xref--marker-ring be per-window?)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 01:03:02 +0000

Your bug report

#59381: Should xref--marker-ring be per-window?

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
59381: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59381
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#59381: Should xref--marker-ring be per-window?
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Ackerley Tng <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 03:02:27 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 25/11/22 02:28, Ackerley Tng wrote:
> I think we should keep the setter option in the signature too! Perhaps
> someone would want to copy/transfer the history from storage to
> storage.

Deal!

> I made the commit with my @google.com email, I believe Google has
> already signed an agreement with the FSF for all staff. Is that okay?

Ah yep, that probably works.

I've pushed the patch with minor updates in 65f35b7f6f4 and bumped xref 
version to 1.6.0.

Also see the commit message for an example of how we write them, for 
your next contribution. Thanks!

Subject: Should xref--marker-ring be per-window?
From: Ackerley Tng <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 21:29:45 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

While using xref (xref-find-definitions and xref-find-references, etc)
in separate windows, I hit M-, to pop the marker stack expecting that
each window should have a separate stack.

However, it seems that the entire emacs instance shares a single
xref--marker ring.

Could we have separate xref--marker-rings per window, or some
configuration option to enable that?

I have some patches that I could submit, if that helps!

Thanks,

Ackerley