Subject: bug#59381: Should xref--marker-ring be per-window?

From: Ackerley Tng <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 16:28:11 -0800

I think we should keep the setter option in the signature too! Perhaps
someone would want to copy/transfer the history from storage to
storage.

I made the commit with my @google.com email, I believe Google has
already signed an agreement with the FSF for all staff. Is that okay?

On Thu, Nov 24, 2022 at 3:59 PM Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On 25/11/22 01:42, Ackerley Tng wrote:
> >> (defcustom xref-history-storage 'xref-window-local-history
> > Here's an updated patch!
>
> Nice. :-) Seems good to go.
>
> How would you like to sign the copyright assignment papers for Emacs?
>
> Regarding the patch, I was a tad surprised that there is no use for the
> "setter" function of xref-history-store, but it makes sense given that
> the value cons serves as a pointer to the data structure which we modify
> in-place.
>
> Perhaps we should keep the setter option in the signature anyway, for
> someone to be able to reset the history. Or save and restore it. Hm.