Subject: bug#59368: icecat does not honor /etc/timezone starting with 102.3.0.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 14:50:18 -0500

Hi,

I've recently found out that icecat wouldn't display time correctly for
my local time zone anymore (even when the 'resistFingerprinting' in
about:config is disabled, which would have usually resolved the
problem).

To test, I simply visit the https://everytimezone.com/, which shows your
current time.

This version from early September 2022 works:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
/gnu/store/bzpyas70s9j95dqad00vafks5icg51dm-icecat-91.13.0-guix0-preview1/bin/icecat
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

While this one from the end of September 2022 doesn't

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
/gnu/store/bzpyas70s9j95dqad00vafks5icg51dm-icecat-91.13.0-guix0-preview1/bin/icecat
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

As a workaround, you can set your timezone explicitly (after ensuring
there are no longer running icecat processes) like so:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
TZ=America/Montreal icecat
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim