Subject: bug#59365: make-dynamic-linker-cache OOMs for LLVM 15 on i686-linux

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 14:33:45 -0500

Hi,

This still happens:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
starting phase `make-dynamic-linker-cache'
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 16781312):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 67112960):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 134221824):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 67112960):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 67112960):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 134221824):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 134221824):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 134221824):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 268439552):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 33558528):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 67112960):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 67112960):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 268439552):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 268439552):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 268439552):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Failed to expand heap by 285216768 bytes
GC Warning: Failed to expand heap by 268439552 bytes
GC Warning: Out of Memory! Heap size: 3362 MiB. Returning NULL!
Warning: Unwind-only out of memory exception; skipping pre-unwind handler.
Warning: Unwind-only out of memory exception; skipping pre-unwind handler.
Warning: Unwind-only out of memory exception; skipping pre-unwind handler.
builder for
`/gnu/store/j4w1wrhgpjjcfqf2jskklr95r6hpy51i-llvm-15.0.7.drv' failed
with exit code 1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

See this recent build: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/2602334/details

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim