Subject: [bug#59352] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-org-tree-slide.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 22:24:22 +0100

Hello,

Sergiu Ivanov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Here's a patch adding emacs-org-tree-slide.

Thank you.

> It's my second Guix package ever, and I actually enjoyed following the
> instructions from the manual for building, linting and styling it. Tell
> me if I got it right :D

Almost ;) Some comments follow.

> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-org-tree-slide.
>
> ---
>  gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm | 22 ++++++++++++++++++++++

Your commit message is missing a part about the module being modified:

  * gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm (emacs-org-tree-slide): New variable.

> +(define-public emacs-org-tree-slide
> +  (package
> +    (name "emacs-org-tree-slide")
> +    (version "20221016.1623")

Latest version is 2.8.18, the version above is a fancy date tag from
MELPA unstable.

> +    (source
> +     (origin
> +       (method url-fetch)
> +       (uri (string-append "https://melpa.org/packages/org-tree-slide-"
> +                           version ".el"))

We don't use MELPA as upstream because it doesn't guarantee the tarball
will always be available. Use GitHub as upstream instead.

> +    (synopsis "Emacs minor mode for giving presentations with Org-mode")

Nitpick: Org-mode -> Org mode.

> +    (description
> +     "This package provides the Org minor mode @code{org-tree-slide} which
> +allows for using an Org-mode document in presentations by
> +progressively revealing individual subtrees of the document.
> +org-tree-slide shows and hides parts of the Org buffer by narrowing.")

I suggest:

  Org Tree Slide is a minor mode for using an Org document in
  presentations by progressively revealing individual subtrees of the
  document.

> +    (license license:gpl3)))

License is actually gpl3+ because the license in the org-tree-slide.el
file mention "or (at your option), any later version".

Could you send an updated patch?

Well done BTW!

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou