Subject: Re: bug#59351: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Fix mouse click position to menu bar entry

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 14:29:03 +0200

> From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 13:15:57 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Also, does this work after the user clicks the menu bar and Emacs
> > drops down a menu for the menu item on which the user clicked?  I
> > don't remember what happens to the pseudo-window geometry when that
> > happens.
> 
> I do not understand your question.

When you click on the menu bar, Emacs drops down a menu, right?  For
example, if you click on "File", you will see a menu with items like
"Visit New File...", "Open File..." etc.  After that, if you click in
the dropped-down menu, is the code you suggest to modify involved, and
if so, does the conversion from X/Y to COL/ROW still work?