Subject: Re: bug#59351: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Fix mouse click position to menu bar entry

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 14:40:16 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> I suggest to step through the code there and see why that happens.
> Feel free to describe what you see if the reason is not obvious.

Hi Eli,

I'm trying to debug this from "M-x gdb".  I've put a breakpoint at
display_menu_bar but whenever I'm doing a 'next' at the init_iterator
call I get the following message:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Thread 1 received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
_thread_sys_poll () at /tmp/-:3
3	/tmp/-: No such file or directory.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I guess that this is an issue with thread but maybe there is some tricks
to debug a threaded emacs.  I cannot find hindsights in "etc/DEBUG".  I
also tried to compile "--without-threads" but it seems to be for elisp
support.  How should I proceed?  (I understand that this starts to be a
tad off topic for a bug report so tell if should be moved elsewhere).
Thanks.
-- 
Manuel Giraud