Subject: bug#59347: 29.0.50; `:family` face setting ignored

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 20:47:40 +0800

Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]> writes:

> If that was actually your concern, you would have asked a question
> here, something like "Can we perhaps clarify this-or-that aspect of
> the docstring".  Instead you brutally changed everything to "improve"
> it according to your own, and only your own, understanding of
> "improvement".
>
> That's not how things are supposed to happen here, sorry.

The way it works here, AFAICT, is that someone who sees a problem with a
recently installed change will correct it first.  If you wanted to make
further adjustments to the doc string after that (Eli already did), you
could have gone ahead and avoided the entire discussion, but instead you
chose to revert the change and go back to using a bitmask and the old
doc string.

> C-h a does not search in docstrings.

Then maybe the _new_ variable names (both mine and Eli's) match.  The
conclusion is the same, because the doc string is printed in the
Apropros buffer.