Subject: bug#59347: 29.0.50; `:family` face setting ignored

From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 11:38:31 +0000

>> That's not possible.  You would understand that if you had read the 
>> post upthread in which I describe in every detail what that variable 
>> does and why.  But you don't care, apparently.
>
> Yes, I don't.  The fundamental problem I have with the doc string is 
> that it did not say what it does, or what it is supposed to debug, in a 
> manner users can understand.
>

If that was actually your concern, you would have asked a question here, 
something like "Can we perhaps clarify this-or-that aspect of the 
docstring".  Instead you brutally changed everything to "improve" it 
according to your own, and only your own, understanding of "improvement".

That's not how things are supposed to happen here, sorry.

>
> If someone finds a problem that can be fixed by removing ":medium" from 
> the list, he will type "C-h a font attributes RET" and come across the 
> variable, change it, and find out that it is fixed that way.
>

C-h a does not search in docstrings.