Subject: bug#59347: 29.0.50; `:family` face setting ignored

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 20:19:33 +0200

> Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 18:11:11 +0000
> From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
> cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > No, the spec was -misc-fixed-*-r-semicondensed-*-13-*-*-*-*-*-*-*, so 
> > any weight should be okay.  See Stefan's original recipe.
> 
> It's the spec of the default face, so its realization takes place before 
> the realization of the other one (DejaVu Sans), and the medium weight is 
> selected.

Yes, but why medium?  Is that the default (I don't think so)?

> > Thanks, it's indeed the other cases that I worry about.  We had a lot of 
> > changes in this area which solved one problem only to create others.
> 
> If bug fixes did not create other bugs, programming wouldn't be fun, isn't 
> it? ;-)

Of course.  I just think in this case we've had enough fun already.