Subject: bug#59340: 29.0.50; Latest Emacs from master gives various native compilation errors

From: Akib Azmain Turja <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 21:09:40 +0600

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Akib Azmain Turja <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 17:39:11 +0600
>> 
>> > Does this happen _after_ you build Emacs?  That is, you are saying
>> > that the *.eln files produced as part of the Emacs build were compiled
>> > successfully, but when you then start the Emacs you built, it is
>> > unable to perform any native compilation?
>> 
>> Yes, Emacs builds fine.  The problem occurs at runtime.
>
> That is very strange, because we invoke libgccjit and Binutils during
> the build the same we do at run time.  Is this in "emacs -Q"?  If not,
> perhaps some of your customizations prevent Emacs from finding and/or
> invoking the JIT compiler?

I think this is not an Emacs bug really.  The Guix recipe I'm using
has some big problems (according to Guix philosophy), and probably does
some (black) magic that causes the build and run-time environment to be
different, thus the error.

However, why the crash?  Is it somehow because the old eln get loaded?

-- 
Akib Azmain Turja, GPG key: 70018CE5819F17A3BBA666AFE74F0EFA922AE7F5
Fediverse: [email-masked]
Codeberg: akib
emailselfdefense.fsf.org | "Nothing can be secure without encryption."