Subject: 29.0.50; Commit 1a2d603bb3 breaks Eglot on Windows

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 17:51:01 +0100

Hi all,

the commit 1a2d603bb3 was supposed to fix bug#58790, but it introduces
(or possibly surfaces) another one.  With Emacs (checkout c3b64985aa),
eval'ing the next 2 forms returned an URI:

  (require 'eglot)
  (insert "\n" (format "%s" (eglot--path-to-uri
                             "d:/digestif-test/tikz-test.tex")))
  => file:///d%3A/digestif-test/tikz-test.tex

With Emacs 623db40d, it looks like this:

  (require 'eglot)
  (insert "\n" (format "%s" (eglot--path-to-uri
                             "d:/digestif-test/tikz-test.tex")))
  => d:/digestif-test/tikz-test.tex

I think the underlying problem is with the return value of
`url-generic-parse-url', but I'm not familiar enough with it to make a
judgement.  As the result, digestif-LSP doesn't work with the current
Eglot on Windows -- checkout c3b64985aa does.

This is with:
In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2022-11-17
Repository revision: 623db40dd1cd21623c5cecdc0abbf3ce885f92b1
Repository branch: master
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Best, Arash