Subject: bug#59331: sbcl currently fails to build on aarch64

From: Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 15:47:02 +0000

Andrew Patterson <[email-masked]> skribis:

> The genesis subdirectory of src/runtime doesn't exist, so the build fails.
> Building on x86_64 successfully gets past the point where it fails on
> aarch64/arm64.

From the build log, it looks like the "make-host-1" part of SBCL's build
exits prematurely because of the following error:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
;; Compiling file /tmp/guix-build-sbcl-2.2.10.drv-0/sbcl-2.2.10/src/compiler/arm64/vm.lisp ...
*** - IF: variable NULL-OFFSET has no value
The following restarts are available:
USE-VALUE      :R1      Input a value to be used instead of NULL-OFFSET.
STORE-VALUE    :R2      Input a new value for NULL-OFFSET.
RECOMPILE      :R3      Recompile file "src/compiler/arm64/vm.lisp"
RECOMPILE      :R4      Recompile
SKIP           :R5      skip (MAYBE-WITH-COMPILATION-UNIT # # ...)
RETRY          :R6      retry (MAYBE-WITH-COMPILATION-UNIT # # ...)
STOP           :R7      stop loading file /tmp/guix-build-sbcl-2.2.10.drv-0/sbcl-2.2.10/make-host-1.lisp
ABORT-BUILD    :R8      Abort building SBCL.
ABORT          :R9      Abort main loop
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Have you asked upstream if they know what could cause this error?