Subject: bug#59319: closed ()

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 09:03:02 +0000

Your bug report

#59319: 29.0.50; shortdoc on "sequence" signal an error

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
59319: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59319
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 10:02:01 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed by this commit:

61b9f2c317 of 2022-11-17
* lisp/emacs-lisp/shortdoc.el (sequence): Don't use cl-lib (bug#59319)

Subject: 29.0.50; shortdoc on "sequence" signal an error
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 21:45:30 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

To reproduce:

  emacs -Q
  M-x shortdoc RET sequence RET

This signals an error:

  Symbol’s function definition is void: cl-evenp

Evidently, this group's shortdoc assumes cl-lib is loaded...

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 2194, i686-pc-mingw32) of 2022-11-16 built
 on HOME-C4E4A596F7
Repository revision: f793add1758fd01f678698a90f5847b575f63cf8
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
System Description: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (v5.1.0.2600)

Configured using:
 'configure -C --prefix=/d/usr --with-wide-int
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -gdwarf-4 -g3''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: shortdoc

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  button-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util time-date subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
shortdoc text-property-search rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 48969 10573)
 (symbols 48 6306 0)
 (strings 16 17163 3060)
 (string-bytes 1 405771)
 (vectors 16 9437)
 (vector-slots 8 148502 14619)
 (floats 8 69 20)
 (intervals 40 385 97)
 (buffers 888 11))