Subject: bug#59309: 29.0.50; `M-x rust-run' is invoking `save-some-buffers'

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 15:34:25 +0100

>>>>> On Wed, 16 Nov 2022 19:36:42 +0530, Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]> said:

    Pankaj> I added a new task to my configured org file (tasks.org) by invoking
    Pankaj> org-capture. This makes changes to tasks.org and it remains unsaved
    Pankaj> until I explicitly save it. But I haven't saved it yet.

    Pankaj> After adding the task I returned to the rust-mode buffer where I was
    Pankaj> working. After making changes in my program I pressed `C-c C-c' to
    Pankaj> invoke `rust-run'.

    Pankaj> => Emacs asks me to save tasks.org

    Pankaj> i.e. it invokes `save-some-buffers'.

    Pankaj> This could be a bug in `rust-mode'.

`rust-run' invokes `compile', which runs `save-some-buffers'. You
can control that with:

    compilation-ask-about-save is a variable defined in `loaddefs.el'.

    Its value is t

    Non-nil means <f8> asks which buffers to save before compiling.
    Otherwise, it saves all modified buffers without asking.

I guess you could ask the `rust-mode' developers to bind that to nil,
but the default setting has saved me on numerous occasions.

Robert
--