Subject: bug#59285: closed (Re: bug#59285: Appears to be fixed in current emacs-29 branch)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 03:29:02 +0000

Your bug report

#59285: 29.0.50; Setting default font as frame parameter upsets tab-bar display height

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
59285: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59285
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#59285: Appears to be fixed in current emacs-29 branch
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: James Ferguson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 05:28:47 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: James Ferguson <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 16:12:34 -0500
> 
> I built with current emacs-29 branch (bc78285e686) and this issue appears to have been fixed.

Thanks, so I'm closing this bug.

Subject: 29.0.50; Setting default font as frame parameter upsets tab-bar display height
From: James Ferguson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 11:07:26 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Changing the selected frame 'default face size with "<family>-<size>"
results in a tab bar with a lot of vertical space padding,  It also
doesn't redisplay it properly with redrawing if you move the mouse over
the tab bar, or if you switch tabs.

As far as I can tell for the life of the frame.  This, I believe, is new
since 28.x.

I see it with `emacs -q`.

e.g.:

(tab-bar-mode)
(set-frame-parameter (selected-frame)
                     'font
                     (format "%s-18" (face-attribute 'default :family)))

Thanks!

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.20, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-11-14 built on jf-laptop
Repository revision: 723ceaca1d71850aed75431a503f8616cab8c103
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date cl-loaddefs
comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra
help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 80043 7606)
 (symbols 48 7263 0)
 (strings 32 20000 1793)
 (string-bytes 1 624836)
 (vectors 16 15858)
 (vector-slots 8 330827 12698)
 (floats 8 39 43)
 (intervals 56 449 138)
 (buffers 984 13))