Subject: bug#59271: 29.0.50; Wrong tab-bar height at startup

From: Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 19:29:55 -0300

Po Lu via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text
editors" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Thanks.  This should be fixed on master shortly, please test.
>
> I've also merged this bug with several others with the same cause.

Hi Po Lu,

Thank you for the prompt fix.

The following test works as expected, i.e., the tab-bar height is
correct at startup:
$ cat .config/emacs/init.el
(tab-bar-mode 1)

However, if a different face is set (either in in early-init.el, init.el
or after Emacs is loaded), the tab-bar height is redisplayed with an
incorrect height. I tried many different approaches and combinations to
enable tab-bar + set a different face, and in all cases the issue could
be reproduced.

See the attached video for a simple demonstration of this new issue.

---
Gabriel