Subject: Re: bug#59266: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Add flat-button to set-face-attribute docstring

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 20:01:10 -0800

Gabriel <[email-masked]> writes:

> From fed6c0773f152ff795115b1a6c1a7855b3b99f54 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Gabriel do Nascimento Ribeiro <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 11:36:59 -0300
> Subject: [PATCH 1/1] Add flat-button to set-face-attribute docstring
>
> * lisp/faces.el (set-face-attribute): Add `flat-button' to STYLE
>   section of docstring.
> ---
>  lisp/faces.el | 5 ++---
>  1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
>
> diff --git a/lisp/faces.el b/lisp/faces.el
> index 09e8110449..4088f4be8a 100644
> --- a/lisp/faces.el
> +++ b/lisp/faces.el
> @@ -791,9 +791,8 @@ set-face-attribute
>  color of the face for 3D boxes.  STYLE specifies whether a 3D box
>  should be draw.  If STYLE is `released-button', draw a box looking
>  like a released 3D button.  If STYLE is `pressed-button' draw a box
> -that appears like a pressed button.  If STYLE is nil, the default if
> -the property list doesn't contain a style specification, draw a 2D
> -box.
> +that appears like a pressed button.  If STYLE is nil, `flat-button'
> +or omitted, draw a 2D box.

Thanks for the patch.  It copies the text from (info "(elisp)Face
Attributes") and in that sense looks good.  But shouldn't we keep the
part saying that nil is "the default if the property list doesn't
contain a style specification"?