Subject: Re: bug#59266: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Add flat-button to set-face-attribute docstring

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 14:34:21 +0200

> From: Gabriel <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 11:48:23 -0300
> 
> diff --git a/lisp/faces.el b/lisp/faces.el
> index 09e8110449..4088f4be8a 100644
> --- a/lisp/faces.el
> +++ b/lisp/faces.el
> @@ -791,9 +791,8 @@ set-face-attribute
>  color of the face for 3D boxes.  STYLE specifies whether a 3D box
>  should be draw.  If STYLE is `released-button', draw a box looking
>  like a released 3D button.  If STYLE is `pressed-button' draw a box
> -that appears like a pressed button.  If STYLE is nil, the default if
> -the property list doesn't contain a style specification, draw a 2D
> -box.
> +that appears like a pressed button.  If STYLE is nil, `flat-button'
> +or omitted, draw a 2D box.

Thanks, but can you rephrase so that `flat-button' appeared as one of
the values for STYLE, with an explicit (not implied) description of
what it does?  For example, how does `flat-button' affect what COLOR
does for the button isn't clear from your suggested text.

IOW, what I see in NEWS about this doesn't follow from the text you
propose, at least not easily.